if all goes as planned we will meet this sweet babe in three short weeks… this pregnancy has flown by. In the short 20 months between having finn and having river i feel like theres so may new things i can’t wait to use and try with this babe! heres a few of them..
1. Chekoa Cinta Ring Sling: I baby wore finn from the moment he came home. i used wraps with him. i love wearing because it was the only way i got anything done around the house.. and because it keeps them super close and tucked away from everyone. i started seeing other moms carry with a ring sling and love the look and that it keeps them close and you can hip carry a bit easier with these. i went with this one because i love their wraps and the fabric they use is so soft and beautiful. tips welcome from any mommas that have used them!
2. Yarn Republic baby bonnets: ok im dying over these. i searched for someone who was making infant knit bonnets and you’d be surprised that they aren’t easy to find. Step from yarn republic hand knits all of these and they are devine. his newborn one is packed in his hospital bag.
3. Nipple nurture that i got from my mama bird box: i started getting the mama bird box far too late in my pregnancy. it shows up with all the best goodies and brands for you during and after the babe. i love it because you don’t have to go searching for whats great, they do that for you and then send it your way. its a great gift to your expecting friends as well. this month i got this nipple cream for when i start nursing river. i didn’t crack with finn but lord knows everything is sore. this is also in my hospital bag.
4. Madelines box Pacifier clip: i had some ugly store bought jams for finnegan. we have moved up to these cute fabric paci clips. because we can not be dropping our pacifier anywhere.
5. Teething necklace: I had this with finn too. I really didn’t use it much I’m not going to lie. but i hung them on rivers wall so i don’t forget about them this time. they are so cute and they are purposeful. thats motherhood.
6. Owlet baby monitor: i would say i am MOST excited to use this product. when we were pregnant with finnegan i did so much research on monitors.. movement monitors.. everything.. the owlet wasn’t quite yet available for purchase (if i remember right) when i had him.. so we had purchased another movement type monitor that was useless and we returned it. that one had to be under where he was sleeping and it was big and had to lay flat, he slept in a rock and play till 7 months.. soooo with this it goes on rivers foot and can easily go anywhere he is and monitor him. everything is right on my phone and can link to todds phone too.. it comes with three different sock sizes to grow with them, its so incredibly soft and well made. and safe. SIDS scares me so bad.. finn still sleeps better than me because i wake up wanting to check him.. all in all.. I’ve heard only the best things about this product and i honestly feel so lucky and fortunate to have one to use on river.
7. Slouch headwear beanies: these were my jam with finn. we will be heading into the winter months shortly after river is born. these are literally the cutest things ever on and so stylish. best fit!
8. Ollie swaddle: this is another product we used with finn. at two weeks old finn started to have these gnarly.. i mean insane “whitching hours” every night. we couldn’t get him to sleep. we couldnt comfort him. we would take turns walking him around the house in circles over and over and over again. so finally we were like what do we need to do.. what are we doing??? we changed three major things.. we started a routine.. we started a sound machine.. and we started swaddleing. i did a ton of research on the best swaddles.. i saw the amount of reviews praising this one.. they are expensive so obviously you hope its worth it.. GAME. CHANGER. i have finns sleeps logged into my phone.. he went from sleeping 2-4 hours at night to 5-7 at THREE weeks old. he stopped having his come aparts. when we swaddled him in the ollie he calmed right down. i mean i swear its a miracle. i sent them an email thanking them because i was so grateful. we used it till finn was 8 months old. when he got stronger and bigger we just stopped putting his arms in. we had two for him. and now with the new natural color line out, we got the color nest for river. and guess what.. its packed in the hospital bag.
10. little unicorn muslin swaddle: they make to cutest designs for muslin swaddles. i love this greenery one. its the only muslin I’ve bought river.
11. Natursutten pacifiers: i love that they are the safest with the products they use to make them and very close to simulating the nipple so it helps not confuse the babe. ill update you on my thoughts after we try them!
12.jelly cat: my best friend got river this donkey jelly cat. if you don’t have a jelly cat for your little, just get one.. they are so so soft and so so sweet. and the best variety of animals. finns “lovey” is his jelly cat bunny that he calls ‘bun bun’ he loves him so much. he gets so happy for nap and bed time to go spend time with him. so I’m hopeful river loves this sweet little guy just as much.
13. fox socks: need i say more…
Once we have used some of our new items ill review and let everyone know what we think! please ask questions too! and if you have products you can’t live without please leave a comment and let me know!!